Creamy Bacon Alfredo Pasta is just as insanely as delicious as it sounds, Loaded with thick cut bacon & an incredible sauce that will have you addicted.
- 10 slices thick cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 250 g penne pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1-2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- Drain all but 1-2 tablespoons in pan.
- Cook onion over medium heat until soft, stir in garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add in pasta, broth salt and pepper and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 13-15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring every 4-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch with the water and stir into the skillet.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream and all of the cheese until cheese has melted.
- Garnish with chopped bacon and basil.